With the Winter season well and truly upon us, we can indulge in a bit of luxury and wear a faux fur coat. Gone are the days when faux fur looked cheap and tacky, the synthetic fabrics are now soft and warm just like the real thing. Most are also machine washable too. But how do we wear them, many women are hesitant to make that purchase as they don’t know how to style them. So here are a few tips to get you started:
- If you are after a real statement look go for an animal skin textured fur. It can be teamed with a simple black dress for the evening or jeans for a more casual look. Long boots and skinnies combined with a statement bag will ensure you are not going to be missed on the high street. Alternatively some ankle skimming jeans with Converse shoes will take you into Spring.
- A longer neutral coloured ¾ length style will keep you warm in the Winter months. This faux sheepskin with a fur collar gives a sophisticated look and can we worn with smart skinny trousers, dresses or jeans. A sweater dress is a great option for a smart casual look.
- Even for a Winter wedding fur coats are a great option. This wave detailed fur is perfect over a smart dress and being a neutral colour can be worn again with denim. Alternatively this short collarless mink style jacket would be so cute over a jumpsuit. Find a pair of killer heels to complete the look
- If you are after a 2 in 1 option this black reversible padded coat with a fur inside is the perfect combination. It can be worn in the day as a casual coat and then be reversed for an evening out. Black is so versatile and can be worn with any colour but wear with all black pieces for a very glam & trendy vibe.
- Pair a fur with classics like stripe shirts or tops, comfy jeans and heels. A beautiful cashmere knit or Breton stripe looks great. If the coat is oversized stick with a skinnier look on the leg. Big sunglasses and a bobble hat will look great on a cold bright Winter’s day.