Your role will be to welcome and prioritise customers over other tasks and to acknowledge, listen effectively, establish needs and serve appropriately. You will be able to sell associated products and have a thorough up to date knowledge of all products sold, current promotions and credit facilities. You will also be able to ensure that problems encountered by customers are rectified satisfactorily and to work to the company’s returns policy and procedures. Other duties will include:
- Ensuring stock on sales floor and in stock rooms is tidy, in a logical order and merchandised well
- Being responsible for using an electronic point of sale system to process all transactions including sales, returns, inter-branch transfers and stock deliveries
The successful candidate for this role must be a confident, friendly and organised individual with experience of face to face customer service. You must have excellent listening and communications skills and should be able to effectively build and maintain good working relations with customer and colleagues alike. Candidates should be flexible with their duties and understand the importance of personalised customer service. Experience of retail menswear, particularly tailoring, would be a requirement. Due to the store opening hours candidates applying must be prepared and able to work 9.00am to 5.30pm five days per week including a Saturday and must be able to commute easily to Maldon.
To apply, please give your CV to any member of staff or email it to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Saturday 25th January 2020
Alterations Tailor - Full Time - Ipswich
Salary: £17,000 to £18,400 per annum (depending on experience)
Permanent Full-Time: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday mornings (on a rota basis) worked as overtime
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Alterations Tailor to join our first-class Tailoring Workshop.
Our aim is to give our customers a first-class service that surpasses that generally found on the high street. Our workshop supports our objectives by making adjustments to garments that ensures our customers get an excellent fit.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have an understanding of garment construction
- Have knowledge of a number of different industrial sewing machings including flatbed, overlocker, hemmer etc.
- Be proficient in setting up workshop machinery e.g. threading up machines
- Have alterations skills
- Shortening trousers
- Waist alterations
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be able to build and maintain effective working relationships within a small team
- Pay attention to detail
- Have experience in excellent customer service and the ability to put customers at their ease
- Have experience using industrial sewing machines
- Demonstrate attention to detail
Please submit your application via Spider Recruitment